Thursday 5 August 2010

Exciting upcoming Jaws book has a new title


Jim Beller, co-author along with Matt Taylor of a new book on the making of Jaws, just got in touch to let me know that the 300-page tome has a new title - it's now called Jaws - Memories From Martha's Vineyard.

The book will be out at Christmas and includes never-seen-before photographs and interviews with islanders about that momentous summer in 1974 when Hollywood came to town and a movie classic was born.

Not only that, the coffee table-style book will also include a DVD of 8mm behind-the-scenes footage shot by local woman Carol Fligor.

Prices for the book will be revealed in the coming weeks, although Jim says that there will be TWO versions - a softcover and a very limited hardcover collector's edition, which will include a special surprise (to be announced soon). I know which one I want (hint hint)...

As I'm sure you'll all agree, this is shaping up to a monumental book about a monumental film and I for one can't wait to get my hands on it. In the meantime, a Facebook page has been set up to keep you in the loop on all the developments.

No comments:

Post a Comment